Thursday, January 29, 2015

Three, Two, One (321) written by J.A. Huss (288 pgs) – finished reading 1/29/15 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Erotica)


I just finished reading this a few hours ago. What did I just read?? It was one big hurricane of emotions. One heartstopping lustful romance. And, twists and turns and tragedy that I never saw coming. This was my first J.A. Huss read, and if all her books are like this, then I’m a huge fan. After turning the last page, I just sat there – too overcome by the ending. The climax was riveting and painful. All that chaos between the truth and what was really going down. I just knew that Ark was hiding something big. What it was, I had no idea. He was brooding and dark. Always in control. And, Blue? Wow, she was broken to the core as she tries to hide from pain of her abuse. Always reaching out just not to be alone. While the third member of this trio, JD, really was a mystery. He was your typical happy-go-lucky guy. Always smiling. Joking around. But, there was something deep below the surface that was just not right. He was drowning in guilt and loss. All this destruction and torment finally explodes in minutes as lives are lost, truths come out, and the pain of it all destroys their threesome.

I flew right through this novel. I only put it down to cook dinner, and even that was in a flurry. It kept my attention until the bitter end. Two best friends who encounter a damaged young woman on a rainy night. The three begin a relationship like none other. It’s passionate. It’s lustful. It’s erotic as well as tender. FIERY HOT, HOT HOT, AND THEN SOME!!! Nothing like any of them have ever experienced before. And, when lines get crossed a few months down the road, everything goes to shit. This was one hell of a ride! I don’t want to give away any spoilers, so I’m not going to say anymore about the story, but I will say that I was deeply moved by the connection that these three people had. It was written intricately with suspenseful fascination. Sure the language was graphic and the intimacy was dangerously erotic, but I thought it was perfectly portrayed with realism. It was written in dual POV’s by Ark and Blue. What I thought was interesting is that the author chose not to include JD’s POV. I wonder why??? Did I miss something??

No truer story could have been interpreted with more intensity and anguish as what this author brought to the table while writing such an emotional drama. So, don’t pass this one up! It’s intricately woven together with three soulmates that are bound by eternal desire.

“Three soulmates. Two broken hearts. One last chance to set it right” ~ Blue (Chap. 51)

“One lost girl. Two best friends. Three eternal soulmates.” ~ Jake (Ark) (Chap. 52)

Review Written, 1/29/15

No comments:

Post a Comment