Sunday, January 11, 2015

Noah and Me written by Beckie Stevenson (328 pgs) – finished reading 1/4/15 – 5 stars - New Adult

1/4/15 - Amazing! This was so emotionally draining. I just have to sit and think about my review for this one. Just so many tears shed.... Stellar characters! Fantabulous storylines! Heartbreaking! The author writes with beauty! I couldn't have predicted the final outcome if I tried. And, that epilogue??? One minute I was crying, and the next was full-on happy tears...

1/5/15 – I know it’s a good book when I find myself thinking about it the next day. This book was just so sad and happy at the same time, if you know what I mean. Things happened that I couldn’t help but cry over. How can one person survive after so much heartache?

I liked how the author kept me guessing as to what Ariel’s big secret was. So much came out that I wasn’t prepared for. Could I have possibly said, “Oh my God” one more time? Ariel, boy, is one of the strongest and bravest characters I have read about in a long time. Her life was anything but pretty. She never made any excuses for herself. What you saw was what you got! No pity was tolerated. She was a survivor. An enigma. Even her best friend didn’t know her whole story. And, when she sees an intrique part of her past now visible in the present, truths about her damning family tragedy comes full circle.

Oh, damn! Noah, Noah, Noah! Now, he’s a real treasure! Smart. Caring. And, positively the most beautiful man ever! He takes care of Ariel when she needs him the most. But, is that enough to make her stick around? She knows, though, that she’s no good for Noah. She doesn’t want his pity. Her shocking and painful secrets will destroy him. And, she can’t bear for that to happen to such a giving and unselfish man; so she runs. She’s out of his life for seven grueling years. What will happen when Ariel and Noah meet again? And, what kind of chance does their relationship ever have to withstand so much suffering? Let’s face it even Ariel’s life at the moment is punishing – not allowing her to get close to any one male.

This truly was a heartbreaker from the very first chapter on. The depth of both of the main characters' losses was unimaginable. I just felt such sadness for Ariel. The writer, without a doubt, made me feel her pain. Meeting Noah I thought would be the light at the end of her tunnel, that is until she decided to leave him. I couldn’t help but feel Noah’s pain as well. I cried many tears over his agonizing loss. But, even after his own tragedy he was such a sweetheart of a guy! He’s anything but selfish. And, he just can’t stay away from Ariel. Both main characters were exquisite! I loved how the author doesn’t have Ariel play the game of wanting him and not wanting and pushing him away just to then want him again. It becomes tedious and annoying when you know that they really belong together. It was refreshing to see the heroine finally admitting how she truly felt without all the drama that keeps the reader constantly guessing if the couple will eventually get their “happily ever after”.

This was one gripping story that revealed some secrets that were totally unpredictable. I knew that there was going to be something big, but what it was, I had no idea. So, for that, I give Ms. Stevenson multiple high-fives!!! She is definitely a writer that I will keep on my radar for future reading material. Her writing kept me so engrossed in the story that when the last page was turned, I was sorry to see Ariel and Noah’s story over. And, that Epilogue – WOW! Such a tease! I was crying one second and then smiling the next.It was nice also to get some thoughts from Noah’s POV.

MAGNIFICENT READ!!! I COULDN’T RECOMMEND TO FELLOW READERS TO PICK UP THIS INCREDIBLE GEM MORE!! YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED....

“Scars are a reminder – a history or a memory stamped right onto your skin.” ~ Ariel’s thoughts (Chap. 15 – THEN)

“I don’t believe you should marry anyone unless you love them more than life itself.” ~ Noah (Chap. 33 – NOW)

“There’s something about your mum, a special bond that cannot be broken. Well, it’s like that when you find your soulmate. You know that it doesn’t matter what’s said or what happens between the two of you, because love will ultimately triumph.” ~ Jandy (Chap. 34 – NOW)

**Noah and Me’s Playlist**

In the Arms of an Angel sung by Sarah Mclachlanone of my most absolute favorite songs ever

Time To Say Goodbye sung by Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli such a divinely tearful song

Stay sung by Rihanna feat. Mikkybeautiful words and enticing melody

Say Something sung by A Great Big World & Christina Aguilerajust chokes me up everytime I hear it – WOW!

Review Written, 1/6/15

No comments:

Post a Comment