Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Story of Us (Carnage #1) written by Lesley Jones (406 pgs) – finished reading 9/12/14 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance


9/12/14 - Damn! Now I have to figure out what to say about this book! I'm beyond speechless...

1/21/15 - This novel just blew me away! One of the best I’ve read in 2014! I just couldn’t put it down because it totally kept my attention until the very last page was turned! And, the ending, s**t, that was unexpectantly epic!  2014 has been a year of shedding quite a few tears when it comes to reading books, and this novel did not deviate from that. With the background story of a newly formed rock group with teenage boys to when the group hits the “big time” and all their ups and downs personally and professionally, the author creates a story narrated by the main character, Georgia Layton, that sucks the reader into her wildly intense elite life. At first I couldn’t make up my mind if I liked her very much, but as the story moves along, she grew on me. She meets the love of her life, Sean McCarthy, at the young age of eleven and is swept away by his boyish good-looks and vibrant personality. He’s it for her, and he’s pretty smitten by her also. But, what happens to these two as the years go by, has repercussions beyond repair. The rockstar life is a difficult one – the touring, the paparazzi, and the fans – all get in the way of a normal life, And, the results can be cruel and devastating. Do they really stand a chance as a couple?

The pair were joined by a great supporting cast – George’s family, her best friend Jimmie, and former lover Cam. You just have to read the book to find out Cam’s connection to George. So sweet!! I’m not going to give anymore of the story away. You just have to read every page to get the true feel for just how wonderful this novel really is. But, I will say this, your fingers will be singed from the hotness that ignites the pages when reading about the intimacy. It’s so erotic and passionate! Sweet and tender! It will set your blood on fire!

I just can’t say enough good things about Georgia and Sean’s story! I enjoyed it tremendously! And, now onto Part 2... 

Review Written, 1/21/15

No comments:

Post a Comment