Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Chasing Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #1) written by Eden Butler (329 pgs) – finished reading 1/2/15 - New Adult


Oh, there’s nothing I like more than a guy with an Irish accent. It just seems so sexy and hot! And, Declan Fraser was one HOT guy! He’s a rugby player, so he’s fit with abs and arms and legs. But, that’s not what Autumn McShane notices when he comes out of nowhere and attacks her with a drunken kiss while she’s out running at college. WHAT THE HELL!! First impressions do not go over easy with her when Declan just acted like an ass. He tries to apologize to her in front of her ex-boyfriend Tucker, who just happens to be the captain of the rugby team, but it’s awkward. Tucker wants to punish him for his indiscretion, so Declan is now supposed to sort books for an up-coming booksale at the library. And, lucky him, Autumn will be there too. Autumn hasn’t had it easy. Losing a family member in an accident,  having to deal with a chronic injury, and wondering where her missing father has run off to just leaves her life sad and painful. But, with good friends and keeping on track with her education, she has been able to make her life somewhat bearable. Declan also has some skeletons in his closet, which when released are detrimental to both main characters. And, it’s a doozy of a secret that is exposed! Did not see that coming at all, and I loved it! So unpredictable, which will keep me going back for more from this author. As the end drew near, I knew that Autumn’s feelings would be so profound with sentiment and love.

“I love you, Today, because you give me peace, you give me a sense of who I am meant to be, because you proved that not every word is a broken promise. And I love you, Tomorrow, because you are limitless, because every thought, every hope I have right now is reflected in you. I can’t say I love you too much because my heart is an all-consuming, constantly replenished source of potential. It is full, bursting with hope, with serenity.” ~ Autumn (June, 2013)

I just couldn’t put this one down. Eden Butler writes with intrigue and heart. I couldn’t help but like both main characters. And, Tucker played the part of the jealous ex-boyfriend fabulously! There was quite a lot of history between Autumn and him. He broke her heart, and he just was not going to swoop in, claim to love her, and she would go running back to him. NO WAY! She was so over him!! Declan was the one that seemed to interest her with his sexy Irish accent, stellar fit body, and bright green eyes. He’s 6 ft. 4 and all male with his sleeves of tattoos proudly displayed on his arms. And, who doesn’t love that irresistible Irish charm. Declan is sweet too, and he knows that she’s interested...(sigh)

I never read a story about rugby before. So, that was interesting. There was not all that much discussed about the actual sport, but it was a nice backdrop centered in a small college town. And, Autumn’s friends, they were so supportive and loyal. That’s what true friendship was about. Yup, I really enjoyed this book!!! And, the heat between Autumn and Declan was sensual and tender. Definitely quite a few “fanning” moments! I couldn’t recommend this book more! It just did it for me, and that’s why I won’t hesitate to pick up another Eden Butler book. FABULOUS!!!

Beautiful cover as well!!!!

Review Written, 1/13/15

No comments:

Post a Comment