Tuesday, January 13, 2015

One Night Stand written by J.S. Cooper (173 pgs) – finished reading 1/7/15 – 2 stars - Contemporary Romance


Okay, so this was slow for me. It’s short, so it’s over before you know it. A little unbelievable and not really catching my attention, but I’m willing to keep going.  And, maybe if it was a little longer I could have believed what was going on. But, I just wasn’t feeling it. Liv almost was annoying. She gives herself over in the back room of a church to a perfect stranger during a wedding ceremony. The guy is a GOD when it comes to ramping up the heat with his “miracle tongue”! And, when all is said and done, that stranger ends up to be tied to her sister. DAMN! How cruel can the world be? Liv and her sister are not really best buds, and when she finds out who is waiting in their house for said sister, she can’t help but feel sad and angry all at the same time. Xander, the infamous stranger with the “miracle tongue”,  is delighted to see his nameless conquest yet again. He’s a cocky  and conceited guy, but yet so gorgeous with his green eyes and black hair. How can this possibly be good? Xander doesn’t tell Liv in the beginning his real story about why he is tied to her sister, Gabby. But, as the story moves along bits and pieces do come out. The two can’t possibly stay away from each other. And, as the end of the book draws near, neither can deny their forbidden attraction towards each other.

There’s not much else that I can say about this book other than I was a bit disappointed. I think that the author meant for this story to be funny, and some parts were, but it just didn't seem to come together. This was my first J.S. Cooper read, and I’m a little afraid to try another one of her books. But, you know what they say “three strikes and you’re out”.  And, this is only my first read of hers. This one might not have my total satisfaction, but I wouldn’t rule out this author totally...

Review Written, 1/12/15




No comments:

Post a Comment