Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Story of Me (Carnage #2) written by Lesley Jones (372 pgs) – finished reading 9/14/14 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance


9/14/15 – Holy crap, I love this book! Another winner by author, Lesley Jones! I feel such a loss now that Georgia’s story has come to an end...

Such great characters! An amazing story! And, a heroine that has lived it all!!!

1/21/15 - Okay, where do I start? Do I start with the sadness? The agony? The heartbreak? Or, do I begin with the recovery? The “you’re alive, you must live your life” promise? Or, the most important, the support of your family? And, the great love that promises to be the future and ultimate savior of you life? Well now, when the novel begins, I’m still shaking my head with sadness and total surprise. Holy hell, I couldn’t be more shocked as to the unexpected ending to the first part of Georgia’s story. So, I was hoping for Georgia to be in a much better place as she deals quite painfully with the tragedy and heartbreak that is pulling her under and claiming her soul. But, that is at the moment not meant to be. The hopelessness was just too powerful and exhausting. And, I felt for her wholeheartedly...

Now, I could go on and discuss the story and what happens next in her life, but that would be giving away huge spoilers. And, I just can’t do that. So instead I’m just going to explain the impact that Ms. Jones’ story had on me. It was one of those books that when you read the last page you really shed some tears because you were going to truly miss the characters and all that they have gone through to finally get their “happily ever after”. It came full circle with love, compassion, and survival. The characters were so realistic and the author made me feel their pain. I didn’t just read about it, I totally was consumed with it. Ms. Jones’ ability to pull the reader into her books is stellar. She knows just how to intrigue the reader, and tell it like it is. No BS about it and no taking it lightly. It’s direct and to the point. Her characters’ stories are raw and epic with their hearts being laid out there for all to witness. When you pick up a Lesley Jones book, be prepared to be “WOWed”!

So looking forward to reading another one of her books when it’s released. Ms. Jones is one of my favorite newly found authors of the year! Such powerful characters portrayed with some incredible stories told!

Review Written, 1/21/15

No comments:

Post a Comment