Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tough Luck (Hard Rock Roots #3) written C.M. Stunich (289 pgs) – finished reading 10/5/14 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Erotica)



Another winning addition to the Hard Rock Roots series! Just as raw, wild, and crazy as the first two books, but way sadder. Ronnie McGuire is a druggie, a dead-beat dad, and one sad individual. I couldn’t help but feel his pain. He loses the love of his life in a car accident several years ago, and he just can’t seem to go on. The drugs, the drinking, the sex they all just seem to numb the pain for at least the time being.

“I haven’t been right for ten years. Yeah, okay, so some people will tell me to get over it, but real grief doesn’t disappear. You can hide from it, but it’ll aways be there. How am I supposed to get over the love of my life? The person who touched my soul and made me realize what it was like to truly live? They say move on, but that’s only because they don’t understand. They can’t possibly.”  ~ Ronnie (Chap. 3)

When he meets Lola Saints, a fellow drummer for an up-and-coming rockband, he feels something that he never thought he would ever have a glimmer-of-a-chance to possibly find again - love. Lola, she has problems of her own. And, she’s in deep. She’s hiding something. And, it’s big. Friggin’ SECRETS! Oh man, they’re detrimental to all present. Lola brings out the best in Ronnie, though. What will happen to this couple when the truth is finally unleashed? How will Ronnie deal with the truth? And, will he re-treat back into his familiar darkness? Or will Lola pull him back into the light so he has a chance to live his stellar rockstar life? I had my bet on Lola, but this series is so unpredictable that you never know what the author has planned to go down.

“Love. We’re a hell of a long ways off from that, but I can see the flicker of something in the distance. The question is: do I chase after it? And if I do, would I even live long enough to get there?” ~ Ronnie (Chap. 8)

The reader will still, of course,  see glimpses of Turner in this book with his cocky and terse attitude while Naomi, still the badass chick that she is with those mad guitar skills, leads him around by his b**ls. His dialogue is still graphically comical, which makes some of the heartache easier to handle, but it just pisses Naomi the hell off. I had to chuckle at some of his crude and assinine remarks. Always the “potty mouth” Turner is! Ha ha! And, without surprise it ends in a doozie of a cliffhanger! Sad big tears fell from my eyes! But, that’s not for me to elaborate on...

Ms. Stunich still creates such wild and passionate sexual heat between her characters. And, Ronnie and Lola do not disappoint in the bedroom, or on top of a car, or in the bathroom, and even on the stage. MIND-BLOWING RAW PASSION IS TOTALLY EXPOSED! So HAPPY that I found this series! Freakin’ awesome! And, now onto Book 4 – BAD DAY...

“A drummer’s a drummer, man. We have to do our thing. There’s something about the steady beat of the instrument that soothes the soul, helps keep life in check. It’s like, if you play to that rhythm, then the world will march to it, too, and everything will just fall together.” ~ Ronnie (Chap. 15)

Review Written, 10/25/14

No comments:

Post a Comment