Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Crazy Good written by Rachel Robinson (447 pgs) – finished reading 1/20/15 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Erotica)


So if you want a story that is going to shatter your heart into tiny little pieces, stop and pick up this gem of a book. Two broken people who can’t even begin to find that “happily ever after”. Windsor Forbes is totally afraid to find that trusting partner after her fiance’ left her standing at the altar. How can she ever trust again so deeply? She hasn’t had a relationship since then, and she’s still not looking for one now. And, here comes Thomas “Maverick” Hart, and well he’s a player. Bag them and leave them is his game. He has a strained relationship with his family all because he wanted to be a Navy SEAL with best friend, Stone, and not do what his family thought was proper for a “Hart”. When these two meet, he’s smitten and she’s colder than ice. Windsor knows his type – cocky and cavalier. She knows that he’s a one-nighter, and quite frankly, she’s just not in the mood.There’s no way that he is long-term, in-it-for-the-long-haul material. But, he’s persistant, and when he bit by bit breaks down her wall of doubt, she can’t help but give him a chance. Oh, God, and when he smiles, those dimples!!! Holy s**t, he’s just too gorgeous!!! And, nothing is hotter and more sexy than a Navy SEAL!!! Maverick, however, has demons in his past, which he can’t change. If Windsor will just accept him the way that he is then just maybe they will have half a chance of surviving as a couple.

This book tore me apart! Three-quarters of the way into the book, something so heartbreaking happens. Something so big, it devastates all. Totally cried some big-ass blubbering tears!! And, will anybody be able to recover from such trauma? This novel was a long one, but everything was told just right to make the story complete. Man, it was freakin’ sad! But, it was something so beneficial that just had to happen to prove that these real-life situations occur and it is possible to come back from destruction and tragedy. Both main characters were likable and dynamic. I did get mad at times with Windsor for her idea of holding off telling Maverick her true feelings for him. I did, however,  understand her fear to just put herself out there and let go of the past relationship that had damaged her.

The story was told in dual POV’s by both Windsor and Maverick, which was written perfectly. Maverick was such an incredible guy and he was experiencing new feelings for the first time regarding a woman. I thought he was cute by being the first one to initiate how he really felt. It was intense and frightening for him to admit to something so intimate. It scared him, but he thought Windsor was so worth it. Windsor, however, was so afraid to let go of the past and voice her feelings out loud to Maverick. Unfortunately, that’s when his head was not into his work, which never ever happens. It’s so important to have his head 100% in the game. And, because of that,a horrifying tragedy occurs. It was beyond sad and painful to read about! And, no way was I expecting it. Totally blind-sided by that huge bombshell!

I loved this book! Romance, heartbreak, drama, sadness, secrets, a little darkness, and a lot of erotic intimacy – this novel had it all! Like I said, it was long, but well worth every single word that I read! And, I cherished the fact that this was not a series. I didn’t have to worry about a cliffhanger or if all the books were released yet. So this was refreshing to read! Not one to be missed!!!

“You get a tattoo when you want something on your body when you’re old and wrinkly. When you want to look at it and remember a certain moment.” ~ Windsor (Chap. 16)

“I knew I was in love with you when I wanted you more than I wanted anything else. I don’t need you to live my life. I want you in my life to make it worth living.” ~ Maverick (Chap. 22)

“I won’t break rules and say goodbye. I’ll say live like goodbyes don’t even exist.” ~ Maverick (T.H.) (Chap. 29)

“Love doesn’t die. No matter how many bullets you put it in. It breathes on its own without oxygen, without need for anything else. It exists, swirling in its own form of gravity, ready whenever you are, to be consumed by it.” ~ Maverick (Chap. 30) the man is just so friggin’ swoon-worthy...(sigh)

“You didn’t have to do all of this Maverick. You had me at I’m a stupid man, Windsor Forbes. It’s a version of I’m sorry I haven’t heard yet. You get beaucoup points for creativity.” ~ Windsor (Chap. 30)

“Life is about taking what you want and giving even more. Not because you think you should. Because you want to. Love isn’t easy because life isn’t easy. You have to fight for the things you want. Sometimes you win and sometimes you wish you’d lost instead. Other times it feels like you’re already dead and gone. That’s always when the best part comes, like some avenging angel who evens all the scores no matter who you are or what you do. I won’t lie, it does help to be a little bit of a badass. Charles Bukowski once said, ‘find what you love and let it kill you.’ I say, ‘Rise from the ashes and take it back.’” ~ Maverick (Chap. 32)

So many profound thoughts that had me thinking quite deeply about life’s choices and the end results. Ms. Robinson has me solidly as a new and entertained fan!

And, the guy on the bookcover in all his ab-glory, looks amazing!!! The cover just begs you to read the book!!!

Review Written, 1/20/15

No comments:

Post a Comment