Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Play written by Karina Halle (562 pgs) – finished reading 1/5/17 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance

Oh my goodness! This one is a tough one to read! The good. The bad. The ugly. The intensity. The emotions were all over the place. This was a long book, but it moved right along. The rescuing of abused dogs, the support of family, and the closeness of friendships were awe inspiring. But, the addiction was heartbreaking and painful to read about as the author writes honestly about the destruction it can cause. The depths of despair that sucks you under. The toll it takes on everyone; not just the addict. Man, I cried for all involved. Like I said, a very emotional read. But, in the end I loved Kayla! I loved Lachlan! I loved them together! And, after all the heartache, I was hoping that they would find their way back to each other. This was a powerful story of hope and hopelessness that had me glued to the pages. I haven’t read that many books from this author, but the ones I have read just slay me, and I so desperately want to pick up another book of Ms. Halle’s right away. The story stays with you on so many levels. The romance, which was steamy as hell. The characters, who I just adored. And, the story itself had me totally invested from page one to the bitter end. One unforgettable love story with a courageous message to basically take a chance and don’t give up on the ones you are empowered to love...


Such a beautifully creative book cover!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment