Saturday, March 25, 2017

Chained (Caged, #2) written by D.H. Sidebottom (165 pgs) – finished reading 9/29/16 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Dark Thriller)

Holy crap, did I just read that ending correctly?? WTH!!! How can that be?? So many shocking twists and turns!! My God!! I was blown away by the reveals that completed Anderson and Kloe’s love story. And, that was definitely one roller coaster of a ride! I wasn’t always too happy with Anderson’s treatment of Kloe. I think, in reality, he was just trying to prove to her how unfixable he actually was. But, Kloe was determined to get through to him that he was the other half of her soul. They were partners. Each other’s need to survive this cold cruel world that stole their innocence. Their youth. Others had taken away the power for them to make their own choices and revel in some sort of happiness or acceptance, and Kloe was not giving up on her future with Anderson too. This book is a bit more graphic than the first. Yeah, I know, can you believe it? Some details were really hard to stomach. But, the author writes with hard-core emotion and substance. I do, however, think it’s time for me to read a book that is a little more on the fun side. The past three books I’ve read have been very dark and abusive reads. So, it’s onto something that can put a smile on my face and make me laugh not cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment