Friday, October 2, 2015

Storm (Sex and Bullets, #1) written by Jo Raven (243 pgs) – finished reading 10/1/15 – 4 stars - Contemporary Romance (Romantic Suspense)

I love how Jo Raven’s stories pull you right in! No dilly dallying around! It’s thrill after thrill from the moment when the two main characters meet until the climatic end! There always seems like a lot going on in a Jo Raven book, and she never disappoints her readers.

This was insta-sex almost from the very beginning. Not that I’m not in for a steamy romp in the sheets, but it seemed a bit much at times. Yes, there was a story here – in fact, there were two; his and hers. But, I’m more of an angsty sexual tension sort of gal. Don’t get me wrong, their stories were great, and I never knew what was going to happen next – unpredictability is my joy – but hitting the sheets every other page got a little boring. The intimacy level, though, was off-the-charts HOT as  I needed to recuperate after each encounter...if you know what I mean. LOL!!! And, for some reason, Ms. Raven’s book just seem a little short. I always feel myself needing more of her entertaining characters and their lives.

Storm was a sweet and generous male even with packing the body of a God, which just made me swoon...ahhhh!!! While Raylin was smart and courageous. There was more surprise about her as the reader gets to know her within the book. She’s way more than just a scared young woman on the run. She’s a survivor. Together Storm and Ray figure out just how much trouble both of their lives are in. And, their stories pack a punch when the bitter details are revealed in the end. I was over the moon with Storm’s two friends, Hawk and Rook. Both were sarcastic alpha-males that had an edge to them that reeked of danger and survival. And, they were funny too with a somewhat dry sense of humor. Can’t wait to dive into their books! Should be one hell of a ride! I was a little surprised that we never got to meet Ray’s dad or brother since they were mentioned so much and held such an important piece to her story.

This was an exciting start to Ms. Raven’s new series with promises to boast both romance and suspense. Can’t ever go wrong when picking up a novel written by this author. With strong characters and an exciting story, one can only hold their breath as to what will happen next. You will not be disappointed!


Oh, and how about that cover? It just begs for you to read this book. Gorgeous!!!

Review Written, 10/2/15

No comments:

Post a Comment