Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Borden 2 (Borden, #2) written by R.J. Lewis (295 pgs) – finished reading 10/19/15 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Mafia)

This book was more explosive than the first one, and I loved it! I just could not put it down! So much action and romance with twists and turns that me holding my breath! I just have to read more from this author! She just had me thrilled the entire time! Great characters! Intriguing story! And, a hardcore romance! What more could I possibly want???

With Borden now knowing who is after him, he takes every precaution to protect Emma. But, of course, she’s tough and doesn’t really want his protection. Their life together is taking on more of a permanent relationship. Emma already knows that she loves Marcus, but what is he feeling?? As she spends more time with him, she sees in his eyes just how much she means to him. Will it last though? Is she just another woman to him? Marcus, however, knows that Emma is under his skin. He can’t breath without her. And, that’s why he has to save her from the enemy that threatens both his and her lives. That climax was like, “holy s**t”, Borden is one desilient male! If I didn’t like him all that much in book one, I surely did now in this book. He’s as tough as tough can be, and you have to love him for it. This book was really one that I was surprised about. Not much hype regarding it, but it was amazing! Definitely looking forward to reading much more by this author!

“Love isn’t simple. It’s a mind-f**k, filled with irrational reason, driven purely by some possessive animalistic need that sits in the cover of all of us. This need to be loved and wanted and...accepted. This desperate need to be entwined with another soul, until you can’t tell yourself apart from them.” ~ Emma (Epilogue)


That is one HOT cover!!!

Review Written, 10/20/15

No comments:

Post a Comment