Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Redemption Lane (Crossroads, #1) written by Rachel Blaufeld (295 pgs) – finished reading 10/5/15 – 4.5 stars - Contemporary Romance

4.5 star rating

Two individuals inflicted with past mistakes. Mistakes that altered lives. Mistakes that ended up providing devastating results. And, how do you go on? One day at a time. Picking up the pieces as they lay scattered around within your world as a reminder to just breath to survive. This was one heartfelt drama. I definitely endured their pain. The author wrote some pretty emotional trauma that no two people should have to struggle with. The loss of a parent whether by abandonment or death is horrifying. And, it’s with those losses that both individuals feel broken. Wow! I must say I didn’t see Lane’s tragedy coming. It was hidden really well. Just like I always say, I love that unpredictable moment when everything is revealed so shockingly. Bess’s storyline is pretty apparent from the very beginning. But, it’s the hidden truths behind Lane’s secrets that could prove disastrous for this couple.

I can’t say that there is much laughter within the pages of this page. It’s more filled with drama and heartache. But, there is love and eventually honesty. There is sadness and abuse. There are second chances to make things right. And, there is hope for a better life. The author wrote a lot of the story pretty soulfully when it came to the characters and their eventual thoughts towards the end. I’m having a hard time, though, really putting my words down on paper because I just felt so much while reading this. It’s hard to know where to start as far as putting my thoughts together.  But, I will say that I felt triumph for both main characters. Their’s is a story worth reading. It speaks from the heart. It really made me stop and think of how far that they had come from the beginning to the end.  

Lane is a pretty hard person to describe. He’s pretty much perfection in looks and the way he dresses. Fit and in shape. Wears all the designer clothes. But, it’s within his soul that the damage has festered. It eats at him with nightmares and secrets. He puts on a great front as he cleans up everyone else’s messes. He’s a great enabler.

Now Bess is totally different. Her life is pretty much an open book. She knows her past was destructive and abusive, and she does everything in her power to keep herself on the straight and narrow. She’s a hardworker and dresses the part. No designer clothes for her. She’s a waitress at a well-established hotel restaurant. She likes her job and has no desire to change where her life is at at the moment. And, when she meets Lane, all that goes out the door.


I loved their story and where it goes. I loved their relationship and how it grew. Two amazing characters that found each other and their will to survive. This is one of those stories that just made me feel. Couldn’t stop reading it. Now, onto the next installment in this series. Lane’s brother, Jake, has definitely more issues it seems. Should it should be interesting to see where Ms. Blaufeld takes his story.

Review Written, 10/6/15

No comments:

Post a Comment