Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Darkroom (Darkroom, Saga, #1) written by Poppet (290 pgs) – finished reading 10/13/15 – 4 stars - Contemporary Romance (with Dark Elements)

This was definitely not a love story. It was dark and gritty and totally messed up. Victor, what a nutcase! Quoting biblical passages and thinking he is so brilliantly out-of-reach. Nobody’s untouchable! He’s a mastermind of controlling people. But, he’s also being manipulated too by an even more disturbing individual. Sure he’s gorgeous and smart and a stallion in the bedroom, but he’s just so twisted. And, poor poor Shauna! She’s so broken, and no believes her. Her family and friends all think she’s making everything up about her kidnapping and current stalking. Wow! I couldn’t read this fast enough! It just blew my mind! Written in alternating POV’s that kept changing constantly. It was never hard to figure out who the narrator at the time was, though. It just kept me on my toes thinking, wondering, guessing. So intriguing and thrilling it was! The author leaves the reader with alternate endings. I read both because I just couldn’t stop myself. I really don’t know which one I preferred. Both were engaging and still left so many questions unanswered. So looking forward to reading the next book in the series! I just have so many thoughts that need explanations...

Review Written, 10/13/15

No comments:

Post a Comment