Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Broken (Broken, #1) written by A.E. Murphy (368 pgs) – finished reading 5/9/16 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Dark)

I can’t even begin to tell you how much I loved this book. It had everything a reader looks for as I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by all the intrigue and intensity that kept me entertained. This book will sadden you when you get about through to the first quarter. And, it will gut you when you finally get to the ending. Man, tears galore came so many times as I couldn’t believe what I was reading. Magnificent piece of writing from such a young author!

So, I like that this a long book. So, much heartache is present. The author does not skimp on the amount of angst in this story, and it’s a doozie of a ride. Romance starts off the book, but of course it’s not what it seems. It’s beautiful from the beginning until a situation poses itself unexpected. This creates friction and trouble for the young couple, which eventually leads to a unbelievably painful horror occurring. And, here’s where the tears begin. So unexpected. So sad. So sorrowful. But, rescue does come knocking on the door eventually. And, it’s met with relief and hope.

I don’t want to say much more because you should go into this story blind. But, I will say that within the pages of this amazing book the character development was brilliant. I have never read a book that depicted a man as complex as Nathan. He was so broken and the phobias that he encounters every day just consume his ability to function on a daily basis. They take over his life, and it is only with Gwen finally entering his world that he begins to question and somewhat let down those walls of his grieving prison that he has erected to protect the horror of his past. One engaging novel not to be missed!


This does end in somewhat of a cliffhanger, but book two is out so I can go on from here...

Review Written, 5/24/16

No comments:

Post a Comment