Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Right To Remain written by Beth Rinyu (336 pgs) – finished reading 5/25/16 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Suspense)

A Right To Remain was a beautiful book written about taking second chances. Quinn Lavery is on the brink of getting a divorce from his obnoxious and heartless wife. At the time of a most harrowing moment, she does the unspeakable and he just can’t get passed it. She’s just one of those types of people who look down on others and is just so consumed with herself. And, here’s Lacey Sullivan who suffered through one of the most horrific traumas of her young life. She doesn’t know if she will ever be able to claim her life back after something so tortuous was taken from her. She takes a chance on changing her life, though, and moves to another town trying to start over. When she meets Quinn, her new landlord, their relationship starts off on a friendly note. The longer they know each other, however, she knows without a doubt that Quinn is starting to mean more to her than just a cordial interest. There’s most assuredly chemistry between the couple. But, Lacey considers herself to be the other woman and guilt eats at her. Quinn, though, couldn’t be more sweet and caring as he tries to prove to Lacey that his marriage is over, and his heart belongs to only her. Will they be able to get through all the roadblocks that seem to hinder them from getting further along in their relationship?

Boy, this one will knock your socks off! There were a few occasions that I was totally floored with the secrets that were revealed. I just didn’t see the unexpected coming, and I was shocked beyond belief. Wow! I can’t tell you how much I love a good mystery and this one totally hit it out of the park with suspense. Complete surprise was definitely a factor as I gasped out loud! My kids were like “what are you reading? We’ve never heard you talking so loud like that when you’re reading a book. It must be really good.” OMG, was it ever! This one will keep you on the edge of your seat! Not much else I can say without giving away spoilers, but this was one of the best books of this year that I’ve read. The romance also is there in its beauty and reverie. It was so intriguing how these two wounded individuals found each other. It really was an amazing story! Ms. Rinyu really outdid herself with this one! Another great read that had me so engrossed within its pages...

And, as you read this book, and come upon this quote, it will absolutely make you tear up as Lacey realizes how strong she is to now accept the past and move ahead with the future.

“I realize now that my heart is big enough to hold love for more than one person. You gave me my happily, and he will give me my ever after.” ~ Lacey (Chap. 42)

Review Written, 5/26/16


No comments:

Post a Comment