Monday, July 6, 2015

Killer (Prequel to the Dark Romance Standalone Stalker) written by Clarissa Wild (126 pgs) – finished reading 6/18/15 – 3 stars - Contemporary Romance

Boy, I’m definitely in the minority with this one. Everyone that read it gave either 4 stars or 5 stars. I just can’t put my finger on why I wasn’t so thrilled with it. There just seemed to be something missing. Now I know that this is only a prequel and it’s a short little ditty, but I was somewhat confused by this set up to the standalone Stalker. With the alternating POV’s and the timelines switching from past to present, I just seemed to be distracted. Maybe I just have to give Stalker the chance to “wow” me.


So, with that being said, the premise to this prequel definitely sounded interesting. It sets up the story of a woman getting framed for her husband’s murder, but said woman turns the tables on the real killer. And, damn is he ever pissed!! She bested him, and he doesn’t like it. And, that’s where this prequel basically leaves off. I’m sure there’s more backstory to their history together, which probably will give me answers to the details I felt were missing. The story has suspense, drama, mystery, and sex that promises to be both steamy and arousing. With one HOT male that is intense and sexy and a beautifully sensual woman, the author portrays these two lead characters as smart and confident. There is no limit as to what these two are capable of the reader will soon find out, and the twists and turns that accompany their story are littered with deception and lies that could spell trouble for either. Looking forward to pursuing where their story next takes me with Stalker...

Review Written, 6/18/15 

No comments:

Post a Comment