Monday, July 6, 2015

Sloth (Sinful Secrets, #1) – written by Ella James (336 pgs) – finished reading 6/27/15 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance

My God, that was one intense read! I’m totally wiped out after reading this one. Best book that I’ve read so far this year! I need some time to collect my thoughts before I write my review! S**t, the last time I think I cried so much was when I read Me Before You written by Jojo Moyes. This was a bit more sexually graphic with some drug use depicted, though. But, it was outrageously riveting! So many questions. So many secrets. And, the way it was written was simply brilliant! Can’t gush about this anymore than the effort and imagination the author put into it. Crazy amazing read!!! Still sitting here stunned...

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Even as I read the epilogue, until I turn the final page, I’m totally wrecked. So unpredictable, which I absolutely love!!!! Loved both main characters, Kellan and Cleo. Both are strong, vibrant, confident young adults. Their love story is epic!!! Heartbreaking. Mind-blowing. Withstanding sadness. Agonizing sadness. I’m just going to go with utter devastation. So many coincidences just pushing these two together. They’re meant to “be”, but does it last? When all is said and done, is their future together a “forever”? You will not be disappointed by this exceptional story narrated by both Kellan and Cleo painting their destiny. It’s cataclysmic! Dynamic! Soul-rendering and off-the-charts passionate!

“Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense.” – E.E. Cummings


Review Written, 6/28/15

No comments:

Post a Comment