Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Easy Silence written by Beth Rinyu (254 pgs) – finished reading 7/20/15 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (New Adult)

So this one was easily going to be a 4-star read for me until that ending! Holy crap! Was I dreaming too??? Or did I just read that ending?? Now I don’t want to spoil it for anyone, but I’ll just leave you with the thought of “I was so not prepared for that at all”!!! What are the odds of that occurring? It totally gutted me. And, I’ve read over the last two chapters a few times. And, man the tears! Total sobfest for me!! Does it have a “happily ever after”? That depends on what your definition is on “happily ever afters”.

“Most people want the people they love to live forever, no matter how much pain and suffering they’re in, just because they’re not prepared to let them go. I get it...I mean, you think once this person is gone, then you’ll never see them again. But in reality, isn’t quality of life better than quantity? Let’s face it, we are all gonna die someday. That’s the whole reason we are born, so why prolong it?” – Jaxson (Chap. 6)

So the story begins with Samantha spending the summer to visit her grandmother, and as she’s in the water at the beach the tide is bringing her out further and further into the ocean. She thinks “yup” this is her life’s demise when she is lifted out from the water by a mysterious stranger. Jaxson is everything that Sam should stay away from. Dark and silent. But, goregous to look at. Standoffish. Keeping mostly to himself. But, he is hiding a past full of painful memories that has broken him far beyond fixing. He doesn’t want Sam to get a glimpse inside his troubled soul. But, she sees him as so much more than other people. He’s kind and caring. Passionate. Intelligent and speaks his mind. And, he totally gets her too. Their connection is undescribable. Kismet!

“No one knows him like I do, Jewel. He’s just as beautiful on the inside as he is on the outside. And, I know it may sound crazy, I have to admit it does even to me, because it’s only been a couple of months...but I really do love him.” – Sam (Chap. 16)

But, when old secrets are divulged that involve Sam’s father, Jaxson’s father, Sam, and Jaxson surface, it’s just too hard for Jaxson to face them. So he abandons Sam and all their promises. Wow!!! I couldn’t believe that he would do that to her! I was kind of mad at him for just leaving like that, but I can sort of understand why. He was just hurting so much, and decided that he had to get his s**t together before he brought Sam down anymore into his horrible f**ked-up life.

This was just one of those books that I was totally surprised with. There was no way that I would have thought that this book would have been such an emotional ride from the way it started out. Bad boy meets good girl. One changes the other. How does it usually end? With a “happily ever after” – right? Well, this one did end, but with a HEA? That’s definitely debatable!!


Check out Ms. Rinyu’s newest release! It will blow your mind and seriously have you thinking after that mind-blowing ending. You will not be disappointed with this amazing book!! Stellar writing. Emotional storyline. Character driven plot. And, unpredictable ending that I no way saw coming!!! Magnificent!!!

Review Written, 7/24/15

No comments:

Post a Comment