Friday, July 22, 2016

Unbelievable (Beg For It, #4) written by Callie Harper (267 pgs) – finished reading 7/4/16 – 4.5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Billionaire)

I know when I pick up a Callie Harper romance it will just have me swept away into the thrill of it. And, that’s exactly what Ms. Harper does again this time. I loved Colt and Caroline’s story! Both characters are exciting and intelligent! Yes, Colt is a larger than life billionaire. He gets whatever he wants. He marches to the beat of his own drum. But, he’s caring and honest. He’s loyal and passionate. I’m not one for all the billionaire books that are out. I pick and chose pretty carefully, but this one was better than most. It was thrilling! And, passionate. The characters. The storyline. And, the island. Oh, my goodness!! The island scenes!! HOT, HOT, and Hotter than HOT!!! There was not a thing that I didn’t like about this book other than I’m just not a billionaire romance junkie. And, Caroline, she’s a feisty young hoot! I’m always one for a baking/cooking romance. It’s definitely always hot in the kitchen!! Colt just really does it for her even though he’s arrogant and wants his own way. She just can’t resist the spark between them.

Ms. Harper still keeps us in the loop with her past characters in this series. So, the reader is privy to what’s going on in other characters’ current lives. I can’t say that I really have a favorite, but I tend to lean towards that mountain man, Heath. With his quite crazy big physique. He’s just to die for!!! But, then there’s rockstar, Ash, who’s just sex on legs. He’s all muscles and tattoos, and who can’t resist him. I’ve yet to read Declan’s story, but those Kavanaugh brothers are some sizzling specimens, so I’m sure he’s just as attractive.  And, Colt’s story doesn’t disappoint.  Some twists and turns liter the pages as Colt and Caroline’s relationship hits a somewhat bumpy road at times. But, there’s a connection there and neither can hide it.


This book was keeping with the other books of the series by being entertaining. I just couldn’t put it down. From first picking it up, I managed to read it in one sitting. It kept me engaged and excited. So, looking forward to Gigi’s story. Now that girl seems to be one interesting character as we are introduced to her in the previous books...

Review Written, 7/22/16

No comments:

Post a Comment