Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Siren (The Original Sinners, #1) written by Tiffany Reisz (432 pgs) – finished reading 7/11/16 – 4 stars - Erotica (Dark)

So before starting this book, I read mixed reviews. Some people loved it and others despised it. You have to be a dark erotica fan to enjoy this one. Anyone borderline will find this book offensive and over-rated. I myself, am kind of in the middle. I’m not an overly religious person, but I do believe in God, and I was pretty taken back by Soren’s character. He was not what I envisioned at all. Even though he was pretty controlling when it came to Nora, he really did love the woman completely. And, he never ever hurt a child. Children seemed to embrace him physically as well as emotionally. Nora and Soren’s relationship began at a young age, and I wasn’t too thrilled with her final decision at the end of the book. The novel ends on somewhat of a cliffhanger because the reader doesn’t know what the outcome will be for Nora and Soren’s relationship. The second installment I hope will answer that question for me. While I wasn’t too happy with Soren’s character, I did love some of the side characters. Wesley was a sweetheart. His feelings for Nora were really and actually painful to read about. Was she stringing him along or were her feelings also genuine?? And, Zach, did he really feel himself falling for Nora or was it just a rebound type relationship when him and his wife were at a crossroads with theirs??


I’m not going to get into what the book is really about because so many people have read and reviewed it, and I would only be rehashing the synopsis yet again. But, I will say this book did pique my interest since it’s so popular. Plus the entire series is released so I didn’t have to deal with any cliffhangers. Did I like it?? Yes and no. I did like Nora’s feisty attitude and humor. I did like the premise of her being an erotica novel writer. And, I did like that there were some buried secrets between this cast of characters. I didn’t like it because I was a bit squimish with some of the scenes. I’m not a prude, but I was a little taken back by the abuse. The book intrigued me because I couldn’t put it down. There is some pretty graphic and explicit scenes that readers will either applaud or take offense to. So be warned!! If you find yourself interested in erotica, this one has a pretty amazing cast of characters. They’re pretty entertaining with their humor and sexual innuendos. I did find myself chuckling at some of the things said. The story is a little over-the-top, but it never slows down. Looking forward to seeing what Book 2 brings...

Review Written, 7/12/16

No comments:

Post a Comment