Friday, July 22, 2016

Moore to Love written by Faith Andrews (264 pgs) – finished reading 7/22/16 – 3.5 stars - Contemporary Romance

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS PRESENT WITHIN REVIEW***

I don’t know. I had mixed feelings about this one. A few times I found myself stopping and putting it down, just to find myself pick it up to find out how everything ended. Leni was an engaging and humorous young woman. Because of the sensitivity of her being overweight, though, she lacked confidence and self-assurance when it came to men. With a few great friends, she decides to commit to losing weight and working with a trainer. Eventually she does lose some weight and is proud of herself, but she still has that lack of trust when it comes to men. Her friends try to get her to see that she’s so much more than she allows herself to see. But, until she finds that guy that she knows will prove herself wrong as far as what’s on the outside, she still has confidence issues. She does eventually let Lane into her life. He seems to be everything that she could possibly want. Good-looking with a killer body. Sweet and kind. But, there’s something just holding him back from letting her in. And, when she finds out what that is, she’s beyond heartbroken. He lied to her! And, for whatever reason he did, she’s not willing to listen to his excuses. So, she runs and cuts him out of her life. Will Leni give Lane a chance to explain?? Will they be able to repair the damage??

Ms. Andrews writes a story that had me intrigued because this has been something that I myself have struggled with my entire life – being overweight. It’s not something easy to deal with. It’s frustrating. And, tiresome. People can be mean. And, it can consume your entire life. The counting calories. The exercising. And, getting on that big bad scale. It’s exhausting. So, I know what she’s going through. Hopefully you meet people that are your biggest supporters. Your friends. Your family. And, your significant other. That’s the most important thing of all. Knowing that they love you no matter what. And, Leni had that with her family and friends. When Lane reveals his lie, I knew that it was something relatable to Leni, but I just wasn’t sure what it was. The only problem that I had with it, was that it was taken a little too lightly. I thought that it was wrapped up a little too quickly, and I thought Leni needed more time to deal with it. This was something big that should have bigger ramifications since it was such a big deal to her. This was right where her heart was especially since Lane meant so much to her. He should have known that this would devastate her. He just didn’t know how to tell her. But, I also got where the author was coming from. Leni should have realized how difficult this was for Lane too, and that he was only trying to protect her. She had to know that Lane was so into her regardless of her plus size. She was just such a nice, caring, and beautiful person. Her curves and lust for life just made her more attractive to him.

I wish that I loved this book more. I wanted to, but I wish that it been a little more intense. I wanted more from Leni and Lane’s relationship. More intimacy. More details. More emotion. Such a tough subject to write about I’m sure. But, it’s one that so many people struggle with each and every day.

“Love yourself and the rest will follow.” ~ Faith Andrews


Gorgeous cover!!

Review Written, 7/22/16

No comments:

Post a Comment