Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Scars written by Jaimie Roberts (331 pgs) – finished reading 6/26/16 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (New Adult/Dark)

I can’t even begin to tell you how awesome this book was! I’m not going to go into much of a story synopsis because it’s better if you go into it blind. There’s so much that goes on and so many secrets are revealed. But, the most interesting thing is how a guy can be so mysterious and come and go as he pleases. I thought it was an intriguing concept and it kept my attention through the entire book. Some reveals just blew me away, and I didn’t see them coming. Unpredictable. Intriguing. Shocking. And, Amazing! Those are just some words that I use to describe this novel. The story is mostly about high school age kids, but it’s more geared to a New Adult audience instead of Young Adult. The intimacy is pretty explicit and steamy. And, revenge has never been so sweet. This is one twisted read with motives eventually being questioned as the truth comes out. Whoever thought the game of Seven Minutes in Heaven could be so suspenseful??

“I sigh, staring down at the scars on my leg and now my arm. I trace a line from one end to the other on my arm, and all the while, Jarrod is never far from my mind. He and I are very much alike in a lot of ways now. We both have scars on the inside and out. We both were broken from tragedies and the losses that came with them.” ~ Lily (Chap. 46)


And that is one gorgeous cover!!!

Review Written, 7/6/16

No comments:

Post a Comment