Friday, June 24, 2016

Lovegame written by Tracy Wolff (320 pgs) – finished reading 6/18/16 – 3 stars - Contemporary Romance (Psychological Thriller)

This romantic suspense novel piqued my interest when I was reading the blurb as it featured a true crime novelist and one of Hollywood’s golden couple’s daughter as an actress. Ian Sharpe is a master at writing crime novels. He’s now written the ultimate novel that was put on film and starred the intoxicating Veronica Romero. And, when Ian is sitting down with the beautiful Veronica to write an article about her, she thinks that she can control Ian with all her sex appeal just as she does with others as she evades most of his questions. She’s a very private person. But, what she doesn’t know is that Ian is not like all the others. He doesn’t back down. He’s his own person. And, he won’t be controlled. As the two give into this dark relationship that is forming, their affair takes on a pretty intricate task of weaving through the difficult obstacles that the past has created. Both have been victims of some pretty harrowing situations. Ms. Wolff tackles some pretty heavy topics as the reader is pulled into this psychological thriller.  


This wasn’t a bad book, but for some reason I kept putting it down. There was just something missing for me. I guess I needed a little more of that shock element. More excitement.  I also couldn’t relate to the two main characters. I really wasn’t a fan of either one. I didn’t really see that much chemistry between the two. It seemed more lustful than loving. If you’re looking for some pretty hot and heavy sex scenes, then you have come to the right place. The intimacy was scorching and totally igniting. The two together radiated against the sheets. But, that’s about all I can say that entertained me. This was my first read by this author, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t be checking out her future projects.

Review Written, 6/24/16

No comments:

Post a Comment