Wednesday, June 22, 2016

(mis)Trust written by Sarah Ann Walker (430 pgs) – finished reading 6/20/16 – 5 stars -Contemporary Romance (Dark)

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS PRESENT WITHIN REVIEW***

Oh, wow! This one will rip your heart out and stomp on it. It’s full of sadness and heartbreak. But, the end result will make you smile. I don’t know what it is about tragic books that seem to attract me lately. But, I seem to gravitate to them, and this one was so amazing! You will shed tons of tears, and you will be affected by this book long after you turn the last page. It’s one book that I will definitely be recommending to my Goodreads friends.

My goodness! Saige had everything happen to her that could devastate her life. From her boyfriend’s heartbreaking betrayal, to a graphically abusive tragedy, to her brother’s unfortunate fate. I couldn’t stop reading this story even though the heroine suffered such agonizing consequences. Sometimes I had to take a breath and just collect myself, but with those amazing characters I just had to carry on. And, when I say amazing characters, I mean AMAZING characters. The heroine. Her friends. Her mother. Her hero. They just all seemed to support her and standby her when she needed it the most. Saige just doesn't believe that she is worthy of love. Everyone leaves her. It's so sad to read about. And, Malcolm,(sigh) one of the most heartfelt book boyfriends ever, was the best. Sweet. Protective. Caring. And, oh so patient! He was just there for her no matter what. No matter how many times Saige pushed him away, he was right there taking care of her. With his sexy Scottish brogue and larger than life family, he just seemed like the whole package. Oh, and I love a big guy, and he seemed hugely intimidating.

This book had so many twists and turns that I didn’t see coming. I always say that I love a unpredictable book and this one did not disappoint in that area at all. Ms. Walker’s writing was remarkable as she wrote some pretty powerful scenes. I just didn’t want to put it down even to sleep. It was that intense and addictive! One of the best books I’ve read this year! Don’t let the amount of pages scare you, though, because it’s so well worth the time!! This heroine really is such a courageous young woman. I couldn’t help but cheer for her as I hoped everything would work-out for her in the end. Is the climax one of shock? Absolutely! Does the author answer all my most sought after questions? Definitely! Does Saige get her man?? Now, that you have to read this intriguing book to find out...


And, that cover?? Yowza!!! Gorgeous!!

Review Written, 6/22/16

No comments:

Post a Comment