Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1) written by Emma Scott (334 pgs) – finished reading 7/1/16 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (New Adult)

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS PRESENT WITHIN REVIEW***

What a wonderful wonderful novel! This one will touch your very soul. I could totally feel the love. Don’t read this late into the night, though, because when you finish it you won’t be able to sleep. It’s that remarkable! Words just fail to come as I struggle to write my review because it so affected me. Just read it and you will experience such a beautiful romance. It’s amazing!! And, very powerful!! The characters. The storyline. The climax. You will be a blubbering idiot! I wish I knew that there was another book after this one. It’s not so much that there is a cliffhanger, but there’s more to the story than just this first book, and I can’t wait wait to read the second one.

When beginning this book, I just thought that it was going to be another deliquent rockstar book. But, when digging deeper into it, I realized that there was just so much more to this story. It’s intense and intimate. Heartbreaking and real. Raw and complex. And, the characters?? So vibrant and exposed. Their vulnerability evident as truths are revealed and brought to life. But, there’s also sadness and pain. The pain from all is obvious when time is running out. It’s slipping away. And, they all need more time. Time to deal with the reality of it all. Oh, wow! It’s agonizing to read! These individuals who are losing control. Pining for a miracle that just isn’t going to happen. I could actually feel it. The writing was so superb that I couldn’t help but feel the sadness. The undying love. And, the rockstar part of the story is just the undertone to a beautiful romance that takes the couple out of their comfort zones. Both main characters find that there’s so much more to life as they open themselves up to other possibilities – even if it’s for a short period of time. Live a little. Love a little. Explore a little. It can be so self-satisfying. Even if it’s tormenting.

But, it’s also a story about two brothers. Their relationship is close. And, when one can’t do anything from stopping this debilitating illness from claiming the other, it’s excruciating to contemplate such an eminent fate. Oh, my, and when the time arrives, it’s heartbreaking. Boy, tissues, tissues, and more tissues.

Can’t tell you how much I loved this book!! How much I’m looking forward to the next one! And, how this author made me a fan for life!! Such an amazing book that really is one of the best I’ve read this year!!! Brilliant!!

And, I also loved the author’s note at the beginning. So inspiring...

“You are a universe” ~ Emma Scott


Gorgeous cover that just begs the reader to take a chance on reading this book!!!

Review Written, 7/13/16

No comments:

Post a Comment