Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Lights to My Siren (The Heroes of the Dixie Wardens MC, #1) written by Lani Lynn Vale (383 pgs) – 1/11/15 – 3.5 stars - Contemporary Romance


This was more like a 3.5 star rating for me. I didn’t always agree with some of the things that Sebastian said to Baylee or how he always treated her. His heart was in the right place, but sometimes he was a bit too condescending. Baylee was dealing with some difficult health issues, and I thought that Sebastian could have been a little more understanding and sensitive towards her. But, it is a motorcycle club series, and they tend to be more brusque with their women. Baylee can hold her own, though. She’s smart and funny. The story is written in dual POVs, and each chapter starts off with a cute little quote that was funny. I did find myself shedding some tears when something that’s supposed to be a beautiful moment almost ends up to be tragic. Wow! That was close!! And, the HOT and HEAVY chemistry between the couple was pretty passionate and exciting.

Within the story we’re introduced to the other guys in the club, and they all seem to be just as close as family could be. Loyalty and honesty was key.  The club is made up of cops, firemen, and ex-military personnel, which is a totally different take on MC books written now. This wasn’t shadowed in the gritty MC sort of way. It was different – more romantic and family oriented I would say. I pretty much enjoyed the story. I just had a some issues with Sebastian. But, Baylee was a fantastic character! She really rose to the occasion! And, Sebastian’s son, Johnny, what a hoot!!!

Looking forward to reading the next installment to this series...

LOVE THIS COVER!!! HE’S SO GORGEOUS!!!

Review Written, 2/4/15

No comments:

Post a Comment