Friday, February 20, 2015

Is Reading Book Reviews Helpful or Harmful??


So what do you think, are reading book reviews helpful or harmful? Well, I was just looking to buy this book on Amazon, and then I decided to read a few reviews regarding it. What a huge mistake!! The first two reviews that I read were definitely helpful. They told me their likes and dislikes about the book and a little about the synopsis. But, then I got to the next one...uggghhh!! No spoiler warning, and then as I’m reading it, there’s paragraphs and paragraphs about the entire book. Letting spoilers rip like there’s no tomorrow!!! Now I’m pissed!! That really “spoiled” my reading of it. Who does that? Definitely reading this review was harmful. I will admit that when I write a review I always write a little about the characters, the plot, and the romance. But, I never, at least without a warning, post spoilers. That’s just nasty! Just because you don’t like the book or find it offensive does not give you the right to ruin it for anyone else. That’s downright MEAN!! So, now I have to decide if I want to buy this book, which is not right to do to the author who depends on selling her book to interested customers. Shame on the person who ruins the reader’s experience of discovering a new find when they post spoilers without a warning. That is not right, and nothing peeves me more than JACKASSES who don’t care about other readers!!! That just irkes the shit out of me!! Let me know what you think. Do you get angry too when there is no spoiler warning and reviewers give away the entire book?? Okay, now that I got that off my chest, I have to figure out if I still will purchase this book. I probably will. I’m such a sucker for newly discovered authors...lol!  

1 comment:

  1. Just to clarify, I did buy that book today, which is Rewriting Destiny by Shelly Morgan. Be careful as to which reviews you read on Amazon if you intend to buy this book...

    ReplyDelete