Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Emerge (The Greyson-Slade Series, #2) written by Kristin Kitchen (300 pgs) – finished reading 2/17/15 – 5 stars - Romantic Suspense


Another intensely provocative novel by my newest find, Kristin Kitchen. Ms. Kitchen writes romantic suspense fiercely. Her characters are flawed and broken, but they’re strong and brave. Whether male or female, they rise to the occasion. And, with a group of friends that supports and loves them, they know that they will always be protected completely. This was another heartstopping explosive romantic suspense that took my breath away. When Kristy Swain/Kayla Abington meets Ryder Wilson there’s absolutely something there. Ryder finds the need to protect Kayla when something happens at the bar that she works at. But, Ryder finds Kayla shy and reserved. She’s just not his type. There’s more to Kayla, though, then what she actually shows. And, when a health issue occurs that gives Kayla no other option then to ask for help, Ryder and her begin a relationship that threatens all the walls that Kayla has built up around her as a need for protection.

I really liked Ryder and Kayla. They both were damaged individuals, but the two of them together made them a powerhouse couple. She was cautious and composed while Ryder was bossy and confident. They fit together, though, and brought out the best in each other. They needed each other in the best way possible. She was inexperienced in the intimacy department while he was more than seasoned with the knowledge of love-making. She just seemed to follow his lead as he was obviously a skillful teacher. It was passionate and on fire. The understanding between the two was one of powerful euphoria.  Neither thought that they would ever find love again, but it was apparent to both just where their friendship was headed.

Again we find the “girls” crew hanging out and supporting each along with the guys from Greyson-Slade security firm protecting their women. It’s a loving group of friends that has each other’s back totally. The reader is also introduced to Kayla’s young toddler, Jimma, who is cute and promises to bring heart to the story. Ryder completely accepts Jimma as him and Kayla get closer and closer.

I just can’t get enough of this group of friends that are funny, and fearless, and passionate. They really get under your skin and make you want to cheer for them to find their contentment. Find their one and only love. Find home. Another great addition to this amazing series written by Kristin Kitchen.

“Lastly, I learned that blood is not a requirement for someone to be a member of your family. Love is one of the deepest bonds you can ever share with another human being.” ~ Kayla (Chap. 28)

“A single tear streaks down my cheek as I allow the contement of life, love and happiness to settle deep. Life begins again today, as I emerge into the newest chapter of my life.” ~ Kayla (Chap. 28)

Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk

“Well, if you knew how much this moment
means to me
And how long I’ve waited for your touch.
And if you knew how happy you’re making me
I never thought that I’d love anyone so much.

It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I’m all the way the back where I came
from
It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I’m all the way back where I belong.”

          (Chap.29)

Review Written, 2/18/15

No comments:

Post a Comment