Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Halligan to My Axe (The Heroes of the Dixie Wardens MC, #2) written by Lani Lynn Vale (351 pgs) – 1/12/15 – 4 stars - Contemporary Romance


Kettle and Adeline meet under dire circumstances, so she thinks. She smells smoke, and he’s a firefighter. So, who better than he to help her and her litter of renegade housepets out? He’s tall and gorgeous. And, she’s dark and beautiful. The girl made me laugh. She said some of the funniest shit. And, boy was she ever confident. No doubt about it, she was silly!! She was practically drooling everytime she saw Kettle running down the street with that magnificently toned body of his. Jeez, if he ran down my street, I’d be totally salivating too!!

This book seemed more suspenseful than the first, and I totally enjoyed it more. The drama seemed to stem from their personal lives as they both learn about each other’s family backgrounds. While there is serious theatrics within the story, the comical banter between the characters is still bopping along. When the reader is introduced to Addy’s sister, Viddy, it’s comedy times two. TWINS!! They are quite a pair, and even though Viddy has a visual disability, I couldn’t help but laugh at their cheekiness. They just cracked me up!!

The humor was there, but so was the heartache. Kettle suffered a loss in the past that was so tragic. He didn’t know if he could ever get passed it. It was sad. My heart felt for him. And, Addy, her life was far from perfect as well. But, she was a survivor. I could just tell from her personality and outlook on life that she would make something of herself. Kettle and Addy together spelled completeness. Between her sister and his “brothers”, they were loved and cared for unconditionally. They were a captivating couple!

The author enthralls the reader with thrilling intensity and comical foolishness. It was fun and appealing. I was highly entertained in this installment of the series. Two thumbs up to Ms. Vale for making me want to continue to read this series!! I couldn’t recommend it enough!!

AND, OF COURSE, ANOTHER REMARKABLY SEXY COVER!!! OH, MY WORD, WHEREVER DOES THE AUTHOR FIND THESE GUYS???

Review Written, 2/4/15

No comments:

Post a Comment