Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Hush (Black Lotus, #3) written by E.K. Blair (276 pgs) – finished reading 4/13/16 – 2.5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Dark Erotica)

2.5 star rating

My rating for this book is way below the other two books of the trilogy. Why you ask? Two words – THE ENDING!! I was just so disappointed with it. That’s it? That’s how the author is leaving it?? That’s nothing like how I pictured this series concluding.  And, to be honest it wasn’t just the “caterpiller” that swayed me, it was the ending as a whole. It just wasn’t what I saw happening at all. It more than let down this reader who was so invested in the series. About three-quarters through I could feel the suspense building. I was ready for the big explosion, but what I got was a dud! Now don’t get me wrong, there are a few big reveals in this installment. But, I was still waiting for that huge climax. I think that the author, being such an engaging writer, should have offered an alternate ending so the reader could pick what was more appropriate for Elizabeth and Declan’s big finale. I think that readers would have been totally okay with that scenario. All-in-all, I would rank the series a 3.5 since I was so disappointed with Hush while Bang and Echo were so amazing. I will still be looking out for Ms. Blair’s next release. I would like to see her write a stand-alone, though. And, see how she could pack a punch in just 300-400 pages. I’m sure that it would be no less short of impressive.

Review Written, 4/15/16


No comments:

Post a Comment