Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Bang (Black Lotus, #1) written by E.K. Blair (418 pgs) – finished reading 4/10/16 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Dark Erotica)

I totally loved this book! It was twisted. It was dark. It had me cringing in disgust and sadness. I loved the whole revenge plot. Involving another male into the mix was genius. It captured my attention. It held my interest, and I was thrilled. There’s so many things that go on in this book that I have to watch for spoilers while writing this review. The four main characters are top-notch. They had me riveted from one scene to the next. There are some pretty graphic incidents that take place, which will make the reader speechless with horror. So beware! It also contains some mild BDSM, which just adheres to the book’s darkness.

Nina/Elizabeth is just one screwed up chick. Her quest for revenge against her husband consumes her. And, with help from her foster brother, Pike, they will make people pay for the horror of her childhood. When she meets Declan McKinnon, she knows he’s the right one to help with their plan. But, her usual turned off feelings somehow weave their way into her heart. And, the moment that she realizes she can’t go through with her original plan, everything goes to hell. What started out as a simple scheme, is now a botched nightmare.


This was one wild ride riddled with ups and downs and twists and turns. And, on top of the fact that the writing was unpredictable, which I love, it was brilliant. Calculating, thrilling, dangerous, masterful are just a few words I would use to describe this excellent book. Of course, this book ends in a cliffhanger, which I knew going into reading it. That was why I held off jumping into this series until all three books were released. I just didn’t want to get invested in the series and then have to wait two years for all the books to be out. I’m so glad that I’m now able to read this series. The first book was amazing! Onto Book 2 – Echo!!

Review Written, 4/10/16

No comments:

Post a Comment