Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Echo (Black Lotus, #2) written by E.K. Blair (335 pgs) – finished reading 4/11/16 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Dark Erotica)

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS PRESENT WITHIN REVIEW***

Again, this was another mind-blowing read from E.K. Blair. The thrilling ride was just all over the place with chills. The darkness, the raw grit – it’s all there. Some reveals were heart-stopping. Didn’t see that coming! Elizabeth is now on her own. She’s lost. So she goes to Scotland to I guess connect with Declan. What she finds, though, will rejuvenate her life. Give it hope. This installment is also graphic in nature, but it was vital to the story. The book also ends in a cliffhanger. I will be totally hanging on until I read Book 3 – Hush. Thankfully, I waited until Hush was released before starting this amazing trilogy!

Ms. Blair’s words are nothing short of excellent! She never deviates from Elizabeth’s twisted need for acceptance. She lived through some pretty horrific nightmares that would break anyone. And, she teeters on relinquishing her mind to her demons. But, she’s strong. Cunning. The need for her to survive is powerful. And, Declan’s controlling and condescending ways are just as raw as ever. He shows her no mercy. In fact, I was so shocked by something so hurtful and violent he did that I just saw a huge crack in his armor. He actually lost it, and I thought that was huge. I never thought he would break and lost control. That was a tearful moment for me.

I really enjoyed this book! It kept me on the edge of my seat reading every word in just one day. Once I started reading it, I had to know how it ended! And, that cliffhanger will have you jumping right into the next book. Can’t wait to see how the series ends! I’m hoping that it will be one explosive conclusion...


Review Written, 4/11/16

No comments:

Post a Comment