Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Beautiful Distraction written by J.C. Reed (215 pgs) – finished reading 4/15/16 – 4.5 stars - Contemporary Romance (Rockstar/Cowboy)

4.5 star rating

My first read by J.C. Reed, and I couldn’t put it down! I had no idea where the author was going with this book, but in the end I was pleasantly surprised. Kellan Boyd is one who always gets what he wants, but when he suggests that he and city-girl Ava Cross go get a drink together, she throws it right back in his face with a big fat “no”! How’s about them apples rich boy with his big bright red Lamborghini?? To put it mildly, Kellan is not too happy at all when he’s turned down. Months later the two are brought together with a bit of help from Kellan’s planning and a little bit of fate. As the two get to know each other and Ava lets down her guard somewhat, they both realize that they’re falling for each other. But, Kellan has a secret that could possibly ruin everything. Will they be together in the end??

I loved this couple! Kellan with his arrogant and brooding ways. But, he was also tender and caring too. Got to love a man with dark hair and green eyes!! And, of course, he was muscular and good-looking. A man who works on a farm with horses and cares for animals all day is swoon-worthy and oh so sexy. Ava was a journalist. So unhappy in her job, though. She’s beautiful and kind. When she encounters Kellan again, his sarcasm and conceited personality gets under her skin. The man is so infuriating!! He pisses her off to no end. But, he’s so beautiful! And, HOT!! She’s never met a man like him before. And, when she witnesses a personal moment of his, she’s intrigued and oh so turned on. He’s just all male! Wow! I was also fanning myself. What an erotic moment!!

The author writes a fun and appealing book!! The banter between the two was so comical that I found myself smiling numerous times. Both characters could give it as well as take it. They had the perfect chemistry together. And, I was so sorry when I had to turn the last page. Oh, I just wish this one was longer!! Not a book to be missed! I’m going to have to check out more of Ms. Reed’s work now. Looking forward to reading another book written by this awesome author!!

***QUOTE CONTAINS SPOILERS***


“We couldn’t be more different: Kellan Boyd, a famous singer, and me, a normal girl from NYC. But love happens. One crash. One beautiful distraction. A cowboy meets a city girl. That’s how the ball started rolling. That’s how it all began. How the biggest sacrifice ended in the greatest reward. I can’t wait to become Ava Boyd. Life out here might seem a bit boring, but there’s nothing boring about my future husband.” ~ Ava (Epilogue)

Review Written, 4/15/16

No comments:

Post a Comment