Monday, March 9, 2015

Goodreads...a website to find books that interest you


So, if you’re in the mood to read a book, and have no idea what’s actually out there for the genre’ that interests you or if you’re just looking for something new and fresh, look no more because do I have a website for you. It’s called Goodreads.com. It’s a place where not only can you find books, but you can make friends and join bookclubs to discuss the books that you are reading. It’s almost like a “facebook” for bookreaders. I have been a member for six years, and I can’t tell you how many hours a day I spend on there in addition to actually reading my books. If you are a bookaholic, you are definitely missing out on this website if you are not already a member. I have made quite a few friends and have interacted with a number of authors. It’s a place that makes you feel right at home with booklovers like yourself. Now this is not a website to buy books, but it does contain links to actual on-line bookstores where you can buy your books – whether hardcopy or e-books. In addition to reading the synopis regarding a book, you also get numerous reviews and updates when fellow bookreaders update their accounts. It’s a place to really connect with others if a book is an excellent read.  And, if you’re like me, and can never get enough of a good book, you can always get other readers' recommendations and opinions as to what is the most popular or most notable book recently released. I just can't gush more about how awesome this website really is...

No comments:

Post a Comment