Thursday, August 4, 2016

Your Mess Is Mine written by Stephanie Alba (293 pgs) – finished reading 8/3/16 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS PRESENT WITHIN REVIEW***

Read this book! You will love the characters. Their story. And, the author tells an amazing significant tale! It’s funny. And, it’s heartbreaking. I laughed, and I cried. I loved it! Once I was hooked, I couldn’t stop turning the pages. Margo, she’s broken, even though she appears so confident in the first half of the book. As the reader, I didn’t think that she had any issues. But, as I dug deeper into the belly of this novel, things were not as I originally suspected. And, it was with sadness that the truth would be revealed. Hudson, oh what can I say about dear, dear Hudson. He’s hot with his dirty potty mouth. He’s smart as he’s such a hard-working male. But, he’s also such a caring and compassionate man. Margo and Hudson’s story is magical. And, even though Margo knows that without a doubt Hudson is the best thing that ever happened to her, she throws a wrench into their relationship that has Hudson hell-bent on doing everything that he can to repair it. Loved this book to death! It’s real and raw. Ms. Alba does an amazing job with her depiction of the disease of depression...


“I realized that, whether human, animal, family, or friends, we all need each other in our best and hardest moments. We have the power to heal each other or destroy each other, and what we do with that power determines the lives we lead. Besides that influence, though, we each possess weaknesses. We have flaws that aren’t as pretty. Whether it’s an emotional disorder, or a character flaw, or even a disability, they are what make us human. They are what make us real and alive.” ~ Margo (Epilogue)

Review Written, 8/4/16

No comments:

Post a Comment