Thursday, September 10, 2015

Memphis Black (Rockers of Steel, #1) written by M.J. Fields (320 pgs) – finished reading 9/4/15 – 3 stars - Contemporary Romance (New Adult)

Wow! I guess I’m totally in the minority with this one. Just wasn’t feeling it, and it just flipped from scene to scene with not much explanation. My apologies to the author, but I wasn’t that much of a fan of Memphis or Tally. He was just such a manwhore, and I didn’t see much evidence of him redeeming himself. I do love my piercings, though, so for that I give Ms. Fields props. Tally was not that much of a heroine, but she was sweet and her alligence to her mom was commendable especially after her father’s demise and his ugly indiscretion. And, sister and best friend, Madison was annoying as hell! But, the guys of the band were infectious, and I hope that they all get their own stories. So, with that being said, I’ll still be keeping a look out for more of the band members stories and hoping to connect with Ms. Fields’ writing and characters as she continues to release more books...

Review Written, 9/4/15

No comments:

Post a Comment