Monday, September 21, 2015

Loving Mr. Daniels written by Brittainy C. Cherry (310 pgs) – finished reading 9/20/15 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance (New Adult)

This was more than just a forbidden romance. It was a life’s lesson on how to survive the loss of a loved one while not losing your way to live your own life. It was super powerful! I highlighted so many passages throughout the novel that were poignantly expressed. Beautiful writing! Heartfelt characters! A story to get lost in! I’m not going to really go into too much detail because so many people have reviewed this book already, but I will say that I was blown-away by the emotions of all the ups and downs that these characters dealt with. My heart raced with anticipation a number of times when individuals were tested time and time again. A newfound friendship with two unlikely cohorts just gives a new meaning to the words “got your back”, and a romance that is soul-rendering. Some books are just plain silly. Some are romantically exquisite. Some are full of drama. And, some just make you feel just everything within its pages. This is one of those books that make you feel EVERYTHING! Love. Tragedy. Heartbreak. Family. Sadness. Commitment. Friendship. Hopefulness. Joy. And, Humor. Like I said “everything”! It was further entertaining when reading the  e-mails, text messages, and letters. Adding the Shakespeare references was brilliant! The musical aspect. The bucket list. It all just worked! I can’t say enough positive comments about this work of wonder! One of my favorites of the year!!! This author really has me hooked on her writing. So looking forward to her next release...

“She called it my golden.”
“Your golden?”
“Everyone has a golden. It could be anything – a song, a book, a pet, a person. Anything that makes you so happy your insides cry of pure joy. It feels like you’re on drugs but better because it’s a natural high. Shakespeare is my golden.”  ~ Ashlyn (Chap. 5)

“Besides, the best things in life aren’t easy. They are tough, they are painful, and they are raw. That makes the arrival to the final destination that much sweeter.” ~ Daniel (Chap. 5)

“Being a teenager is a curse and a gift. It’s the age where fairytales cease to exist and Santa isn’t real but parts of our hearts want to say ‘What if...’” ~ Ryan (Chap. 32)

“What do we want to be? That’s the easy one. Alive. I want to be alive, and I have no idea why, seeing how hideous life is at times. Maybe it’s belief, hope, and passion all wrapped into one shape that rests inside my chest. Perhaps my heart is just praying for better tomorrows to replace all of those shitty yesterdays. So to answer your question in a very depressing, teenage-angst manner, I want to be alive when I grow up. So now I ask you, Mr. D, What do you want to be when you grow up? Because growing never stops, and dreaming rarely ceases.” ~ Ryan (Chap. 32)

“May the winds be our friends, floating us home. May tomorrows be the beauty where each soul goes. May the journey be worth the ultimate death. May the sweet memories of us never be put to rest. Fine lines between here and there, bursting flames ignite the air. Breathe in, breathe out. Angels, listen closely now.” ~ Daniel (Chap. 41)

“I thought I made you up. I thought that I was living in a world of darkness and I imagined you into existence. That somehow my mind crafted you, placing you on that train months ago. But then I realized I could never dream of something so beautiful.You’re the reason people believe in tomorrow. You’re the voice that scares the shadows away. You’re the love that makes me breathe. So for the next few seconds, I’m going to be selfish. I’m going to say things that I don’t want you to listen to. Don’t go. Stay with me forever. Please, Ashlyn. Let me be your everything. Make me your golden. Don’t. Go.” ~ Daniel (Chap. 41)


And, from that last quote, as the reader, you’re just going to have to experience the joy of this book, and find out how Ashlyn and Daniel’s story ends...

Review Written, 9/21/15

No comments:

Post a Comment