Thursday, May 21, 2015

Center Mass (Code 11 – KPD Swat, #1) written by Lani Lynn Vale (353 pgs) – finished reading 5/15/15 – 3.5 stars - Contemporary Romance


As usual Lani Lynn Vale does not disappoint! She brings to the table strong alpha-male men with brave confident women. And, this one is no different! From the way the two meet, I thought it would be a little while before these two got together, but it’s full steam ahead with their attraction from the very beginning. He sees her. He wants her. She sees him. She’s attracted to him, And, bam! They’re together. It just seemed awfully quick to me. But, I did like both main characters. Both were caring for their young daughters by themselves. Both had a career oriented job that they took seriously. And, both were burned by their ex’s when it came to settling down and being responsible. So, they did seem like the perfect fit. I was entirely entertained and interested in their story. But, there was something missing. Or, maybe it was the quickness of them getting together. I'm more of a sexual tension for a while type of gal. Of course, the intimacy between the two was HOTTER than HOT! And, I was fanning myself left and right!! And, of course there’s the loyalness and protectiveness of both family and friends portrayed, which makes it warm and personal. There is the suspense of the backstory just waiting to be decided and dealt with under some dire conditions. And, when all is said and done, will these two incredible individuals make it as a couple? Well, you’re just going to have to read it and see. I definitely can see myself reading the next installment when it’s released. I do enjoy Ms. Vale’s books! She always seems to bring something positive and courageous out within the characters that she creates. These are people that I could actually see myself being friends with. And, that’s clearly a decisive perspective of her writing skills that I can identify with...

And, another ab-ilcious cover illustrated!! WOW!!!

Review Written, 5/21/15

No comments:

Post a Comment