Friday, August 14, 2015

Gwendolyn vs. the Band of Barren Hearts (Monster, #1) written by Mary E. Palmerin (242 pgs) – finished reading 8/13/15 – 4 stars - Dark Romance

***Warning – this book is sexually graphic and highly abusive in nature***

I really have to think about my review for this book...

In truth, I was deeply affected by Gwendolyn and Welch’s story. There were times when I felt I just couldn’t read on. But, I had to know how their story ended. My God, it was brutally horrifying! My heart went out to them so painfully so. This was a terrifying account of abuse that brought tears to my eyes. Ms. Palmerin holds nothing back when exploring their numerous ordeals of violation. There’s not much more to say other than I was not expecting that ending. Abuse, whether verbal or physical, triggers the mind to play tricks and alter your thinking, which was shown here from the abhorrent level of defilement. This is one harrowing tale of survival! Masterfully written! Honestly told! All portrayed without pacifying the reader.


Now onto Part 2... 

Review Written, 8/13/15

No comments:

Post a Comment