Wednesday, July 16, 2014

BEGINNING AGAIN...


Okay, it's time to get moving and become the blogger of book reviews that I always wanted to be. My busy life with four kids has slowed down considerably, so I'm somewhat ready to take on the role of blogging about the numerous books that I read throughtout each month.  Last year I read 108 books, and this year I am on target to read around the same amount. I very rarely give a book less than 3 stars because it just seems so important to award an author for time well-spent in writing and researching her "baby". Not all novels are worthy of those 3 stars, however. But, when I think about how entertained and intrigued I am in the story, I just have to give credit for the attempt to entertain me, the reader. I tend to gravitate to the injured, and not just the physically affected. I like the angst and the heartache. The thriller. The sadness. The tearfully broken. The one that eventually consumes that "happily ever after". It's what I look for in a book. And, it's what puts a smile on my face, and makes me look forward to re-connecting with that same author that so engrossed me in their story in the first place. So, it's with great pleasure that I'm going to hopefully delight readers in reviewing books that both captivate and delight me...


No comments:

Post a Comment