Monday, April 27, 2015

Under Locke written by Mariana Zapata (484 pgs) – finished reading 3/17/15 – 5 stars - Contemporary Romance


3/17/15 - Damn, I hate saying goodbye to characters that I love!!! This was fantastic, and Dex and Iris were such an awesome couple...

4/21/15 – It strikes me as funny when so many people read a book and give a whole different opinion on whether they liked the book or not. Some people thought that this book was too long and dragged and the heroine was so annoying. But, me, I was sad when it was over.  I couldn’t get enough of Iris and Dex. I totally loved them! She just cracked me up and was such a strong vibrant woman. While he was so cool and confident, but was vulnerable in a whole different way. They were more an opposites-attract-type couple. But, in so many ways they just fit. They cared about each other, and when it came to the sex, it was passionate with feeling and hope. But, the intimacy really isn’t explored until the middle of the book. Don’t get me wrong, the sexual tension is there, but it’s not acted on until these two are definitely sexually frustrated with each other. She’s inexperienced and he’s definitely seasoned with the seduction of it all. The portrayed supporting characters just add more dimension to the storyline while keeping the main characters on their toes. I was so sorry to see this book end. It’s long one, but I never got tired of Iris and Dex and their close-knit clan of family and friends.  One not to be missed! Ms. Zapata sure had me entranced with her writing! Looking forward to reading another of her creations!!

Review Written, 4/27/15 

No comments:

Post a Comment