Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Luke (A Cocky Cage Fighter, #8) written by Lane Hart (256 pgs) – finished reading 4/13/17 – 3.5 stars - Contemporary Romance (New Adult)

I don’t know, I like this one; I didn’t like this one. In the beginning you get this passionate and caring male, Luke. He’s kind and so in love with the heroine, Meg. Unfortunately, she has a secret that could be devastating to Luke, which it is when he finds out the truth. But, he goes from this awesome male to somebody so disrespected and hurtful. I don’t think that Megan really deserved his harsh treatment. She, in the end, was really just looking out for him. Maybe she went about it all wrong, but she honestly just had his well-being at heart. When Luke finally comes down from his high-horse, he does realize how condescending and abusive he has been. He really is a good guy. He just had to get over Meg’s deception. Once he did, their relationship could progress into something so much more real and intimate. This was an up and down read for me. And, it all had to do with Luke’s character. I just couldn’t like him during the whole book. But, in the end he does redeem himself. This author’s writing was pretty intense with the scenes between Luke and Meg and also between Luke and his dad. There’s nothing worse than a parent losing their child so unexpectedly. So his parents grieved their oldest son wholeheartedly. It was very sad, especially for Luke’s mom. Eventually Luke’s story gave them hope and peace to accept the inevitable. It was more uplifting than one can conceive. This was my first Lane Hart read, and I’m sure that it won’t be my last...

No comments:

Post a Comment